Friday, November 30, 2012

A Working Mom's Dinner Blog

Hello Friends,

Many a times, as working moms, we find ourselves strapped for time and ideas to prepare a healthy dinner for our families. Dinner which is quick to cook and good to taste. I am in the same boat as most of you girls reading this blog, though, momentarily I am blessed to have my parents visiting me and my Mom taking care of most of the meals.

However, I am feeling a bit guilty of putting this burden on her and not taking enough responsibility. So while searching for ideas to fix a quick dinner for tonight, I thought of creating this blog. I will be blogging regularly for the next one year about one new dinner menu that I will cook every evening. My rules are simple - I will be searching and preparing vegetarian recipes that don't take too long to cook (45 minutes maybe. But I am not sure of how long I want to spend cooking. Some recipes might take a bit longer, while others, a bit less. So let's see how it goes. Once I start cooking, I will have a fair idea of how long I want to spend every evening in the kitchen.),are healthy and are tasty (my ultimate critic would be my 9 yr old. I would be surely letting you know of his comments).

I would be focusing mainly on Indian (as in "from India" :) ) dishes or fusion with Indian flavors for the next few months while my parents are here. This way I would be sure that they atleast taste my experiments and don't totally pass them on. :)

I will post the recipes and also a link to the websites from where I get the recipes, if they are online. If not, I will give a reference to the book or magazine. You are more than welcome to share your recipes as well and try out and comment on the ones that I have posted.

SO HAPPY COOKING LADIES......



No comments:

Post a Comment