Thursday, June 26, 2014

Happy Summer!!!

Summer officially arrived in Canada on June 21st. And oh what a beautiful day it was. The sun was out for the entire day with no cloud in sight. The winds were calm and the temperature was at a perfect 25 degrees Celsius.

Taking advantage of this lovely day, Harshal set up the backyard canopy and now the entire backyard looks amazing. 

Also Arya started his summer vacation and just like that the days became more relaxing and the evenings more casual.

I thought of welcoming summer and celebrating this lovely change with something special. Something which brings in the scents and flavors of the season into my kitchen.  In my front yard the lavenders are blooming, while the fragrance of fresh lemons feels refreshing in this balmy weather. With these 2 inspirations right in front of me, I thought of combining the two and making a Lemon Lavender Cake to enjoy with my afternoon tea.

So Wish You All a Very Happy Summer!!! Let me know how you like to welcome season and if you have any favorite recipes that your family enjoys during these warm lovely months.

No comments:

Post a Comment