Monday, September 22, 2014

A 30 Minute Affair


Watching food shows on T.V. is one of my favorite pass times. Though most of the shows here in North America are geared towards meat eaters and American diet/ recipes, I find loads of inspiration on these shows to come up with some of my own recipes.

One such all time inspirations is Jamie Oliver. I just love the energy and passion that he brings into his cooking. Just looking at him create his art so passionately makes me get off the couch and enter the kitchen to create something magical.

One of his shows that I use to follow regularly was his 30 minute meals. I loved the idea of creating a whole spread in less than 30 minutes.

So last week, I decided to give it a try and see if I could come up with my own spread in 30 minutes. What I created was pretty impressive, considering there was no previous planning that went into creating this meal. Yes, it did take me 35 minutes instead of 30, which I could have avoided, had I planned earlier.

But you see, inspiration is like a butterfly. It does not come to you all planned. And once it comes to you, you need to capture its beauty and appreciate it with your whole being. Because it will just fly away the very next moment. And in those few moments, what you create is always beautiful.

So here is what I created in my 30 minutes -

Sauteed Zuchini and Red Peppers
Lentil Cakes
Saffron Infused Yogurt Dressing
Tomato Salsa

All these served with Warm Whole Wheat Tortillas for Make Your Own Wraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment