Wednesday, November 5, 2014

After The Hiatus....


Kundan and Glitter Glue Rangoli
The last few weeks were crazy in every which way which. They kept me away from my blog all along. And while this hiatus occasionally kept nagging at me to get back and start writing, it nevertheless rejuvenated me from inside out.

It all started in September with the beginning of Navratri - The 9 day festival of Goddess Durga. This was a time for cleansing and contemplation for me. A time to connect with my higher self and thank the goddess for this beautiful life that she has bestowed on me.

Diwali Faral
While this festival was filled with celebrating the Goddess in her 9 different forms, in the hindsight, I feel like those were the more peaceful days before I got sucked into a whirlwind of celebrations - what with  weddings to attend, anniversaries and birthdays to plan, family to visit from abroad and festivities like Dassehra, Diwali to celebrate.

Top that up with extremely high workload at my day job, and what you get was living one day at a time and making the most of that day. Celebrating each day with renewed fervor and at the same time keeping myself firmly grounded by thanking the Universe for each and every moment of this glorious time.

Well, and while the blogging had definitely stopped during this period, what continued with twice the force was the cooking.  Cooking traditional Maharashtrian Diwali Snacks (Faral), cooking for guests, cooking for DS, cooking for DH, making the Prashad and so much more.

While cooking Diwali Snacks was a major event for me and a few of my close friends, I will share those recipes some other time. In the meantime here are a few other recipes that I made during the last few weeks.


Kale and Spinach Cakes in Tomato Cashew Gravy

Cracked Wheat, Steel Cut Oats and Cracked Millet Porridge (Khichadi) with Peas and Carrots

Vegetarian Pulled Pork Sandwich with Home Made Barbecue Sauce and Caramelized Onions

Diwali Faral

No comments:

Post a Comment